Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Craftsmen

As every parent knows, when you add a child to your home, you also had more "stuff." We live in an old home, that like many others, doesn't have an abundance of storage. So, before Easton was born, I was planning ahead as to how we were going to store the new baby items.
A friend of mine was moving and gave me an old window. Thanks JoDee! I thought I would just use it for decoration, until one day I got an idea to make a cabinet out of it. I thought it would make a perfect door. Of course I wasn't going to be the one to make it! That is what my handy craftsmen brothers are for.
I drew a sketch of what I was envisioning and asked my brother Dan if he could make this sketch reality. Although it took many months, it was finally finished and hung above our toilet in our upstairs bathroom. Easton's bath supplies now have a home.
My other brother Jacob, built me a row of cubbies for above Easton's changing table to hold all of those diaper changing necessities. This idea came from his daughter's nursery when they lived in Iowa City. My sister-in-law always has neat ideas that I like to steal!!
Anyway, thanks to my wonderful craftsmen brothers, we have lots more storage!