Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pantry Challenge

At the start of the new year I had two goals; 1) stick to my grocery budget and 2) use what I have in my pantry and freezer. I'm the type of cook that likes to keep the "staples" on hand. I stock up on meat and cheese when they are on sale and keep them in the freezer for future meals. I also spend the fall canning and storing our garden produce like squash and potatoes. We also buy a portion of a cow each year. Like many, sometimes you forget what you have.
So, I decided I would have what I'm calling a "Pantry Challenge." How many meals can I make with what I have in my pantry and freezer??
Here's what was on the menu for Week One...
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Steamed Green Beans
Homemade Apple Sauce

Potato Soup
Fresh Spinach Salad

Spinach and Onion Quiche
Cinnamon Rolls
Clemantines

French Toast
Bacon
Clemantines
Whole Chicken
Sweet Potato Fries
Fresh Spinach Salad

Tuna Melts
Fresh Broccoli and Cauliflower with Dip
Fruit

 Week Two Menu coming soon!