Where do I begin?? So much has happened in the last four weeks, and I don't dare leave anything out!
I will start with a picture of my boys; Easton at 2 1/2 years and Titus at 2 weeks.
Two days before Christmas, we enjoyed a musical light display at Mozart's Coffee House. Nana and Papa (Aaron's parents) were in town for Christmas, so they got to enjoy it with us! Believe it or not, it was a bit chilly here in Texas; enough for us to break out the winter coats and hats!! I know, we're becoming wimps.
Easton made his first Gingerbread cookies!! We read the story and all. He loved helping Nana roll the dough and cut them out. I did the decorating and we finished them off by turning up their front leg to look like they were running.
Yummy!!
After we finished them, we made special deliveries to our neighbors and friends.
I think we may have made them a bit thick; they turned out to be Giant Gingerbread!
Christmas morning we woke up casually and relaxed around the house. It was kind of weird having no place to go and no hustling and bustling. Nana and Papa arrived late morning and we opened a few presents. I think this was the first Christmas that Easton understood and got excited about presents. It was a hard balance as we desire him to know that Christmas is about Jesus and NOT presents. We want him to understand and know that the GREATEST present is Jesus being born.
It was definitely a Car-filled Christmas.
We spent the rest of the morning playing with toys and enjoying TIME as a family while cozied up next to the fire. The only thing we were missing was snow. It doesn't feel like Christmas without snow, although those of you in Iowa didn't have snow either.
Christmas afternoon was when the excitement began, but more on that later!!


