Saturday, February 18, 2012

Christmas in Review | Part 2

I know, I know. It is WAY past Christmas; 8 weeks to be exact; and we are already onto the next holiday and beyond!! I hate leaving things out though, so I had to post about our Christmas celebrations with the Overman side of the family.

After having a baby on Christmas day, we were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday; spent a few days at home, and then headed to Oklahoma on Friday!! We made the 6 hour trip to Norman, Oklahoma to celebrate Christmas at my brother Tim's house.  The whole family, minus my brother Dan, made the trip!
My brother works for the University of Oklahoma as a Strength Coach. All weekend Easton was saying "Hook'em Horns," which got everybody laughing! That's the one thing not to say in Tim's house though, so by the end of the weekend, they put an OU shirt on Easton. 

A special gift from Uncle Matt. This was the first Christmas in 10 years that he was here to celebrate with us!!


We celebrated Christmas and New Year's both on New Year's Eve. Here are most of the kids getting a little sleepy.
 My brother Tim, and his new bride, Jodi, made an amazing Christmas/New Year's dinner. My brother has always been an amazing cook, and it was fun to share in that, as distance keeps us from doing it more often. After dinner, we sat around and shared memories from our childhood. I think this was one of the most memorable and special Christmas' we have had in a long time. 
Thanks Tim and Jodi for hosting our big, crazy family on your first Christmas as a married couple!!
New Year's Day brought some Emergency Room excitement, but more on that in another post!!