Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekend on the Beach

This last month marked NINE months of living overseas. Not sure if there is something significant about nine months, or what stage of adjustment we're in, but I do know, that we were in much need of a little getaway!
Aaron's parents came to visit for a week, so there was no better time to get away.
One of the many unique things about living in this part of the world, are the numerous historical and ancient landmarks that tell stories from years ago.
Our first stop was at the Chasm of Heaven and Hell. We hiked down and then back up 463 steps, explored and got nice and muddy! Perfect prelude to the beach.
We spent the majority of our weekend building sand castles, searching for shells, covering every inch of our bodies in sand, paddle boating, splashing in the waves, laughing, picnicking and soaking up the sun on the beach!
It was such a joy for me to see my two boys LOVE every minute of their time on the beach! They were fearless of the water, and could not get enough of digging and playing in the sand. If they weren't building a sand castle or splashing in the water, they were rolling in or burying themselves in the sand. I didn't anticipate them loving the beach as much as they did, but it filled my heart. I guess instead of Iowa Farm Boys, I will have Beach Boys!!
 Thankful for the beach and a relaxing weekend.