Thursday, May 21, 2009

The First of Many

After our first baby shower. my husband was very anxious and excited to set up our new Pack 'N Play (I guess I was too!). So, he began what he thought would be a fairly easy and quick process.
After tearing open the box and unzipping the carrying case, Aaron set out trying to get the pack 'n play to stand up. In the mean time, Neal, Aaron's brother, and I were sitting on the couch in the nearby room laughing as we were looking on. Aaron was trying so hard to get the sides of the crib to lock into place. Finally I suggested that he look at the instructions. Genius huh? After reading them, I decided that I would join in and help. We still couldn't get it to lock until we figured out that the bottom has to be unlocked in order for the sides to lock. I have to give the credit to Aaron; he figured it out.
So, after about an hour, we finally got the Pack 'N Play put together!! Aaron now claims that he could do it in 10 minutes. We'll see. After sitting in our hallway for many weeks,it is now in the nursery!
I have a feeling this is only the beginning of many toys and other kid supplies being assembled in our living room. One of my husband's favorite things; assembling!! or NOT.
 

Taking his wife's advice and reading the directions

 

Joining the fun

 

When Aaron got his side locked, he celebrated with a victory dance