Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Home Improvements


When Aaron and I moved to Pella, we bought an older home with lots of character and charm. As we all know, older homes always require updates and improvements. Some of the major improvements for us have been a new roof, new carpet in the basement, painting and this past week, new windows in the upstairs!! We only had 5 windows in our entire house that opened and have screens, the rest are nailed or painted shut. Don't ask why!! Not only did they not open, but in the winter they let so much cold air in. I refused to have a new baby in a drafty, cold room, so we started looking at our options. After many months of bids and honestly just putting it off, this last week we had 6 new windows put in. The two upstairs bedrooms and bathroom all got new double-hung windows that open not only from the bottom, but from the top; have working full-length screens and pop open for easy cleaning!! I shut the air off yesterday and got to enjoy the breeze blowing through the upstairs!! I can't wait to see how much warmer it is upstairs this winter.
It is funny how big life changes push you to get things done faster.