Sunday, June 28, 2009

Mourning Change

 

This may seem like an odd title, but let me try to explain. I tend to mourn change in my life. For instance, after I got married, all I wanted to do for the longest time, was go back to my wedding day and live it all over again. I am not one to wish things away, but I try hard to soak up every moment. This is how I have been feeling for the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy.
I have never been a big fan of professional pregnancy pictures, and in fact, I told myself that I would never have them done when I was pregnant. About 4 weeks ago, I was beginning to mourn the fact that I would never be pregnant with THIS child again. Lord willing, I will be pregnant again, but never with this little one. I have loved every moment of this pregnancy. From the moment you find out that you are carrying a human being; to the first flutter; the first big kick or roll; the feeling of hiccups; to seeing your baby on ultrasound; you are in love. As I am nearing the end, I keep thinking I am going to miss these precious moments.
In the midst of this thought process, I decided I wanted to take some pictures of this pregnancy. I wasn't going to take any professional pictures, but my husband and his creativity would do. So, Aaron and I spent an afternoon at Lake Red Rock and had a photo shoot! It was fun to capture a few special pictures of how this baby has changed our lives even before it is born. So, here are a few of those special moments. Before you know it, we will be meeting Baby Reasland face to face, and we will get to hold this little miracle.