Friday, October 2, 2009
Back to Work
Tuesday was my first day back to work. It was definitely a long day, but it went better than I thought it would. My day started at 3:30am and ended at 10pm when I put Easton to bed.
I was excited to see my coworkers, but when I got to the unit, I found out I was getting floated to NICU. Always a bummer when you have to get pulled to another unit, especially after you have been gone for 3 months and are excited to catch up with everyone. My day went really fast as triplets kept me busy in the NICU. I didn't have much time to think about being away from Easton, only when I heard the babies cry, did I think, "that sounds like Easton."
Nana and Papa (Aaron's parents) ended up watching Easton. They were able to bring him over my lunch hour so I could feed him which was a nice break in my day.
I keep having to remind myself that it is only one to two days a week, but it is still hard to be away from Easton and trust that he is being well taken care of.