Sunday, October 4, 2009

Suprise Weekend Getaway

Saturday morning Aaron told me to pack my bags for a 24 hour birthday weekend getaway. I willingly gathered my things and jumped in the car with my husband and little babe. All along I thought my husband was taking me to Des Moines for a much needed weekend away from the busyness of our lives. Once we drove through and past Des Moines, I started to wonder where we were headed, but wanted to keep the excitement of the unknown alive. It wasn't long before I asked where we were going. After passing a road sign that said Omaha, I asked if that is where we were headed. Aaron finally gave in and told me the plans for our weekend. We were headed to the Old Market in Omaha.
We spent the day walking the brick streets of the quaint market; visiting the unique shops and farmer's market stands. We dined for lunch at Stokes; a Southwestern diner and then for dinner at Upstream Brewery. We always enjoy eating at new and differnt places. We cherished quality time as a family and the freedom of no agenda. Like I said, it was a much needed weekend together, away from our busy schedules.
Thanks babe for a wonderful and memorable birthday weekend!