After being in Door County, I was reminded of our cherry picking days earlier this summer. Door County is known for its tart cherries, and in fact, they produce something like 80% of the United States cherry crop.
We are fortunate enough to have a cherry tree in our own backyard. The funny thing is that as a child, we had two cherry trees and I absolutely hated the chore of picking and pitting cherries each summer. To this day, I don't really like the taste of anything cherry! Funny how sometimes the things you disliked the most as a child, show up again when you're an adult.
It didn't take long for Easton to mimic what he saw his dad doing. He watched Aaron pick a few cherries and then jumped right in and helped. We left the cherries around the bottom of the tree for him to pick. It is amazing how fast they learn.
After picking a few, he had to try one for himself. He ate it right off the branch and left the pit on the tree. Smart boy!
