The "Challenge" continues: How many meals can I make with the food I have in my pantry and freezer?
Week two was off to a good start. I have to admit, I am starting to crave what I DON'T have!!
I've done well though, with resisting the temptation to go to the grocery store and stock up again. I will say that I did make one run to Hy-Vee to catch some sales: Shredded Cheese, 2 cups for $1, and Bacon for $1.99 (that was 50% off). Both are items you can freeze for when you need them.

Week two was off to a good start. I have to admit, I am starting to crave what I DON'T have!!
I've done well though, with resisting the temptation to go to the grocery store and stock up again. I will say that I did make one run to Hy-Vee to catch some sales: Shredded Cheese, 2 cups for $1, and Bacon for $1.99 (that was 50% off). Both are items you can freeze for when you need them.
Chicken Thighs with Tomatoes and Capers
Cheesy Rice
Squash
Followed by:
Broccoli and Rice Casserole
BBQ Ribs
Other items on Week Two's Menu included:
Penne Pasta Bake with Meatballs
Steamed Peas
Whole Grain Baguette
Whole Grain Pita Pockets with Turkey, Swiss and Spinach
Fresh Vegies
Pretzels
Taco Nachos
I even had ingredients to make some cookies!!
We'll see how much longer we last with what's in our house. It's getting more difficult to come up with a complete meal. Although my husband would be okay with just meat on the menu, I prefer a more balanced meal!! Stay tuned for Week Three's Menu.
I even had ingredients to make some cookies!!
We'll see how much longer we last with what's in our house. It's getting more difficult to come up with a complete meal. Although my husband would be okay with just meat on the menu, I prefer a more balanced meal!! Stay tuned for Week Three's Menu.