Monday, January 24, 2011

Pantry Challenge | Week Three

Week three of the "Pantry Challenge" is in the books!!
First, I have to say that I am blessed to have a husband that isn't picky AT ALL. In fact, he appears to love every dish I set on the table. He is always praising me for my creativity and delicious food. So, I have to thank him for putting up with this "Pantry Challenge."
I told him this week that I wasn't sure we could make it through week four without making a trip to the grocery store. He was adamant that we WOULD and even gave me some ideas!! Did I mention that my husband is competitive and loves challenges?? Not that we are competing against anyone.
Week three's Menu:

BBQ Beef with Banana Peppers and Mozzarella
Steamed Peas
Chips
This meal was a perfect example of using what you have.  We were completely out of bread except for a few hot dog buns in the freezer.  When I make BBQ beef, I always freeze the leftovers, which we used here. So I topped a hot dog bun (Pantry Challenge version of a Hoagie!) with BBQ beef, banana peppers and Mozzarella and finished it off in the oven for a crisp taste. 

Chili
Corn Bread

Lasagna
Spinach Salad
Apple Sauce

Pancakes
Bacon
Eggs

Chicken Fajitas
Apples

Tuscan Bean Soup
Corn Bread

Chicken Alfredo
Steamed Green Beans
Garlic Cheese Bread

Beef, Black Bean and Rice Burritos
Chips and Salsa

Leftover Broccoli and Rice Casserole that I added chopped ham
Apple slices with peanut butter
Pudding

Stay tuned for the fourth and final week's menu of "Pantry Challenge" and best of all, January's grocery bill!!!