A wise woman and amazing mother of six, told me last night that she was once told to bring her children to her level. What she meant by this, was to include your children in what you are doing. If you are doing dishes; pull up a chair and let them help you. If you are writing a grocery list; give your child a paper and pencil and let them doodle on their own paper while you write on your's. It helps them learn to do daily tasks and helps their minds to always be working.
So, tonight I decided to let Easton help me make dinner! For those of you that know me, I don't let just anyone in my kitchen, but.... he IS the CUTEST boy around!!
So, I pulled a chair up to the counter and let him join me in making tonight's dinner... Stromboli!
I rolled out most of the dough and then handed him the rolling pin. He thought that was the greatest, and handled the task quite well.
Next, I handed him a spoon, and gave him the opportunity to scoop the meat onto the dough. He put the first spoonful on the dough, but then decided it would taste better in his mouth! It was sooo cute to watch. Next, we topped it off with cheese. His first handful went in his mouth. What can I say, he loves cheese just like his mama!
He thought it needed it little pat before going in the oven.
I have to say, it was fun to watch his little hands helping in his Mama's Kitchen!
