Do you ever have those moments that remind you that life is short and our days are numbered?
Psalm 144:4 "Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow."
Well, for me, that happened this week.
In more than one instance this week, colors have been used as an illustration to describe circumstances in our life. For example, every Thursday morning I go to a group called Mom-to-Mom, and our speaker this week talked about the BROWN in our life. She used the color brown to describe the daily grind that we do as mothers. The poopy diapers we change, the laundry, the carpools, meal times ect. It can be exhausting and discouraging. The question is, what attitude are we going to have when all we see is BROWN? She encouraged us to ask God daily to "Open the eyes of my heart that I may see..." -Ephesians 1:18. If we believe that God is who He says He is, Immanuel, then He is WITH us in our daily grind. Ask God to open your eyes to SEE Him.
Check out our speaker's blog at www.aliciabruxvoort.net/
So, you might be wondering what these pictures have to do with the words I just wrote. God is showing me that I need to be thankful for where he has me now and to take advantage and enjoy my life TODAY. We never know what day will be our last, where God may ask us to go, what He will ask us to do, or how our life may change. So, today I decided that I needed to enjoy the snow with Easton. Sounds silly huh? I just couldn't ignore the nudging to go outside and enjoy the blanket of white, when all I wanted was to snuggle under a blanket on the couch. I was feeling a bit blue.
I made a snowBALL for Easton, and of course when I mentioned the word BALL, his eyes lit up!
I also taught him to eat snow. Probably not the greatest of ideas, but I just wanted to have unrestricted play time!
We also made a snowman; complete with eyes, arms, a hat and a carrot nose. Easton wasn't so sure that the snowman needed a carrot for his nose and tried multiple times to take it off. Constructing a snowman was a lot harder to do than I remember. Maybe it has been too long!?!?
