As a child, summers meant going to the Fair; The Great Jones County Fair! It was one of the highlights of every summer. I remember sitting on the big wooden swing that sat in our front yard with my brother Dan, planning what rides we wanted to try first and how many salt water taffy we could get with our spending money!!
We have so many sweet (or maybe embarrassing) memories from our days spent at the County Fair: showing Bucket-Bottle calves and being the only ones who's calves still had their horns on! Always being the family whose animals got loose and having to chase them around the fair grounds! Sheep who jumped any fence no matter how high it was; they must have had some deer in them! Never-the-less, we always looked forward to that week in July, when we spent from sunrise to sunset enjoying the Great Jones County Fair.
I have only been back a few times since my childhood days, but couldn't resist taking my boys to experience the County Fair for themselves.
Aaron and I don't tolerate rides in our old age, so Aunt Katie got the joy of taking Easton on them. Don't worry, we didn't have to beg her, she was begging US to let Easton go on them.
It was so much fun to walk the fairgrounds with my Dad and sister, Katie, and reminisce about the "Good 'ole Days!"
Growing up, a summer was never complete without a visit to the Iowa State Fair.
We couldn't pass up spending a day at the Greatest State Fair ever, especially since we missed out on it last year.
There are always so many things to do and see.
We don't usually go on rides, but Aunt Katie was with us again! Since
the two of them had so much fun at the County Fair, of course she had to
spoil him at the State Fair. I didn't realize that Easton had such a
thing for rides!
Walking through the animal barns is always a must. This year Easton and I got to milk a cow. I think I enjoyed it more than he did! I know, I'm weird, but I have a dream of living on a farm and milking my own cows. Aaron already has my cow named for me, "Moo-moo!!"
Can't forget all the things to eat!!
This year the fried pickle won our vote for the best new food at the fair. If you have ever had a pickle wrap with corned beef and cream cheese wrapped around a pickle, just imagine that, but five times better!! Seriously, it was amazing.
Until next time...



