Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Bat (The Animal, that is!)


Last night I woke up at 4 a.m. to some noises in our bedroom. I never know if there truly is something in our house, or if I am just hearing the sounds of an old home. After using the restroom and checking on Easton, I layed awake in bed. Sure enough, I heard the noises again and saw the dark shadow of a bat circling our bedroom ceiling. I quickly threw the sheet over my head, and shook Aaron awake to tell him there was a bat in our room. After taking a moment to wake up and make sense of what I was telling him, he grabbed one of Easton's baseball bats and went for the kill (After grabbing our son from his room and bringing him to safety with mom of course!).
My poor husband spent 2 hours trying to catch or kill this nasty creature with little success. He said he got 4 swings in, but didn't hit the target! Unfortunately, the bat is still somewhere in our house, but thankfully not in our bedrooms. We have left the doors shut all day! It is very unsettling to know that at any given moment I might reach for something and find myself in the presence of the bat. I'm sure it will make it's appearance once darkness falls! You can pray that we catch it fast tonight. We would all appreciate a peaceful sleep!