Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dried Herbs

Every year I am saddened by the arrival of the first frost. It means hustling to bring in the last of the fresh produce. Everything fresh is what I love most about summer, but fall marks the end of Farmer's Markets, fresh flowers and baskets of produce picked from the garden.




I try my hardest to preserve what I can for the winter months to add some home-grown goodness to the long winter's cooking. So, a couple of weeks ago, I cut some fresh thyme from my herb garden to dry. ( I know, don't I sound like a little pioneer women? If only I lived during those times!)
We have been taking advantage of the beautiful wheather that we've had the last couple of days. It's hard to believe it is the beginning of November with temperatures in the upper 60's. We'll take every nice day we can get before we are stuck inside.