Friday, September 2, 2011

SOLD

Our house is officially sold. We closed yesterday and I believe the new owners are moving in today.
I'll admit, it's bitter sweet for me as this was our first place to call home as a married couple. The moment we walked in, we knew it was perfect for us. It was full of character and charm; exactly my style. We put lots of thought, time and energy into making improvements and adding the little touches to make it cozy and unique to us.
It was also where we started a family and were blessed to bring our first son home. So many sweet memories of his first two years of life.
Selling this house has been a "letting-go" process for me. As pathetic as it may sound, this was one of the hardest parts of our move for me. I love to make a home for my family. I love using my creativity and finding unique pieces to decorate. It was sort of my joy and treasure. God is teaching me that my joy and treasure needs to be in Him alone. Having a house or things to put in it, aren't going to bring me everlasting joy or satisfaction. That only comes through Jesus alone. (Don't think that God doesn't want us to enjoy things, He just desires that we enjoy Him ABOVE all else.) So as hard as it has been, God is transforming my heart and teaching me what it means to find true joy in Him.
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
-Matthew 6: 21
One of the many things that I miss is having a backyard, and a GREEN backyard full of colorful flowers. Texas happens to be lacking some color these days with the drought they are having!
It was also a blessing to have a yard where Easton could play and run around. We do have a playground in our "backyard" of our apartment complex, but we have to get used to climbing down three flights of stairs first!!
I'm thankful for all of the sweet memories we had the opportunity to create in this cozy home. They will be with us forever. May this house be a blessing to the new owners and may they treasure Jesus above all else.